We’re Hiring: Marketing Communications Coordinator
Job Posting: Marketing Communications Coordinator
About Our Organization
Representing businesses along the Queens Quay corridor from Bathurst to Cherry Street, the WBIA is committed to supporting the continued growth of the waterfront as a premier destination that is well-connected to the rest of the city and is beautiful, clean and vibrant year- round. We support businesses, engage the community and unify the waterfront with activities, including: representing the area on key policy and advocacy issues, making targeted public realm improvements and highlighting the area’s vibrancy with activations and daily promotion online.
The WBIA is looking to expand our communications and engagement online and in-person with people living and working on the waterfront. We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with strong communications skills to work alongside our close-knit team. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will work to uphold a cohesive brand strategy by supporting content creation and social media and build our community communications through digital communications and relationship building strategies. Due to the nature of the work, the position requires flexible hours and includes some weekend and evening work. The majority of work will take place on-site but equipment will be provided to complete work in office and remotely.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content. • Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Proofreading copy for digital assets and materials.
- Assist in coordinating content email marketing campaign (including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management).
- Build relationships with waterfront resident/condo and office building managers to enhance communications to these target groups.
- Develop and execute on community communications strategy such as digital campaigns, eNewsletters, digital signage, direct mail, etc.
- Develop and coordinate community based programming.
- Coordination of collateral design and production.
- Ongoing updates to the website including a business directory.
- Degree or certificate in a related field such as media studies, communications, marketing.
- Superior communication; written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders at a professional level in-person.
- Organized; ability to multi-task, self-starter, creative and customer-focused.
- Experience with social media platforms and creative content development.
- Knowledge of social publishing tools (eg Sprout Social).
- Passionate about writing, editing and storytelling. • Proficiency in graphic design and related software (eg Adobe Suite, including Illustrator or InDesign) is a significant asset.
- Complimentary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, event management and urban development are an asset.
- Creative, proactive engagement with customers and stakeholders: Able to identify content and relationship opportunities within the waterfront’s stakeholders and related online community that support organizational goals.
- Tact and diplomacy: Perform in a friendly but professional manner, aware of image and appropriateness in day-to-day representation of the organization.
- Online immersion: Committed to improving knowledge and understanding of developments in technology, media and communication, especially online.
- Synthesis of information: Able to prepare appropriate information for a diverse group of audiences, including general public, media, business owners and senior representatives.
- Brand awareness: Provides a consistent and thorough approach to all communications.
This position is a full-time, one-year contract with the potential to become permanent. The position also includes enrollment in an extended benefits program, a bonus structure based on annual performance objectives, and professional development opportunities.
Base salary range is $40, 000 – $50, 000
Send your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience/qualifications to email@example.com.
Applications will be received until 5pm on March 17th, but interviews may take place earlier with qualified candidates.