We’re Hiring: Social Media and Content Specialist
Job Posting: Social Media and Content Specialist
About Our Organization
Established in 2004, The Waterfront BIA is the voice of the Waterfront’s business community where millions visit annually. Unlike most Toronto BIAs, The Waterfront BIA is both a full-service residential area and a tourist destination, ranking second in every major tourist category – domestic and international, pleasure and business, first-time and repeat. The WBIA supports the continued growth of its neighbourhood and its businesses through communications and activations, events, streetscape enhancement and advocacy initiatives.
It is an exciting time for the WBIA with our recent expansion now representing from Bathurst St to Cherry St as well as our upcoming WBIA brand refresh. We are looking for a storyteller to represent our voice online by supporting our communications, activations and advocacy programs throughout the year along with our close-knit team. The Social Media and Content Specialist will work with WBIA staff and key stakeholders to create content and manage and execute social media campaigns that support our annual activity plan and our members’ business initiatives. This is an opportunity to do something new each week and see your ideas come alive. There are always exciting things happening along the Waterfront. Our Social Media and Content Specialist will use social media outlets to highlight the vibrancy and personality of the neighbourhood on a daily basis, through creating engaging content, including photography and video when possible. The position reports to the Director, Marketing and oversees a substantial budget for paid promotion. The Social Media and Content Specialist works primarily independently while coordinating on key organizational initiatives within a small, close-knit team environment. Due to the nature of the work, the position includes some weekend and evening work.
- Creates engaging written and visual content for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok as well as our website content, blogs and newsletters in line with our new brand strategy.
- Manages content calendar and publishing schedule.
- Creates photographic and video content (live format and scripted/edited) on key organizational initiatives for use both online and in support of strategic communications initiatives.
- Be the storyteller- continuously develop ideas for stories, events and announcements with engaging content copy and multimedia assets (photos, videos, infographics, etc.) that bring the brand to life
- Ensure brand tone and social media strategy is consistent across website and all online content.
- Monitors activity in the Waterfront, online and on the street, to identify consumer engagement and content generation opportunities.
- Proactive in building relationships and meeting with members and stakeholders to develop new content.
- Employs social analytics, SEO and social publishing tools to quantify effectiveness of social programs and platforms, to better create and promote content, and grow online audiences. Reports performance measures on a weekly basis.
- Plans and manages media budget for social media, content and geo-targeting.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the organization online and in person.
- Coordinates with key stakeholders for cross-promotion of activations, events and advocacy initiatives.
- Leads WBIA staff development of social media priorities and opportunities.
- Develops and implements brand-specific follower strategies and influencer outreach programs.
- Trains new staff, including seasonal and part-time support, in content creation and social media standards.
- Coordinates all website management updates and content.
- Assists commercial and retail tenants in the Waterfront to develop an online presence and participate in WBIA programs as required.
- Assists WBIA staff in other tasks related to strategic priorities as necessary.
- 2-3 years experience in communications or marketing roles with content creation and social media required.
- Degree or certificate in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field required.
- Experience with creative content development (writing, designing and publishing)
- Ability to develop a social media strategic plan and execute short and long-term campaigns.
- Experience with social media reporting, optimization and data analytic platforms such as Hoot Suite and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of current social media and content creation trends, practices and strategies required.
- Web development experience with working knowledge in WordPress and Constant Contact or related software is an asset.
- Proficiency in video editing, photography and graphic design is a significant asset.
- Complementary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, event management and urban development are an asset.
- Online immersion: Committed to improving knowledge and understanding of developments in technology, media and communication, especially online.
- Creative, proactive engagement with customers and stakeholders: Able to identify content and relationship opportunities within the waterfront’s stakeholders and related online community that support organizational goals.
- Tact and diplomacy: Perform in a friendly but professional manner, aware of image and appropriateness in day-to-day representation of the organization.
- Synthesis of information: Able to prepare appropriate information for a diverse group of audiences, including general public, media, business owners and senior representatives.
- Brand awareness: Provides a consistent and thorough approach to all communications.
This position is a full-time, one-year contract with the potential to become permanent. Salary range is between $50-$60k with two weeks paid vacation. There is a bonus structure and education allowance also available.
Click HERE to download job description
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume and portfolio with relevant experience and qualifications to HRPartner@HR4U.Work. Applications will be received until 5pm on May 7, 2021, but interviews may take place earlier with qualified candidates.