Job Posting: Social Media Specialist
About Our Organization
The Waterfront Business Improvement Area (BIA) is the voice of the Waterfront’s business community where millions visit annually. This is an exciting time for the Waterfront neighbourhood as the revitalized pedestrian promenade is completed and significant new developments are added each year. This is a great time for our organization, too, as we highlight our neighbourhood though communications, activations, art installations and events. Something new is always happening on the Waterfront and we need your help to tell our story online!
Our Social Media Specialist will take the lead in developing daily social media content (including scripted/edited video) highlight the vibrancy and personality of the neighbourhood and our association’s initiatives. You will work closely with our small staff to support our annual activity plan objectives including streetscape enhancements, advocacy initiatives and a number of events and activations we take part in each year. This role reports to a Marketing Manager and oversees a substantialonline promotions and geo-targeting budget. You will be responsible for Twitter @waterfrontbia, Instagram @towaterfront and Facebook/WaterfrontBIA.
- 2-3 years experience in a role related to social media. Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field required.
- Excellent writer, especially on social media. Fun, witty and to the point.
- Photography, graphic design and video editing skills are a huge asset, especially Adobe Suite
- Ability to develop a social media strategic plan and execute short and long-term plans
- Experience with Sprout Social or other social media management, optimization and data analytic platforms
- Friendly and helpful in-person. Confident in assisting businesses and working with our small team.
- Complementary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, events management and urban development are an asset.
Click HERE to view the full job description
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Wednesday, October 16.