Job Posting: Operations and Admin Assistant
About Our Organization
Representing businesses along the Queens Quay corridor between Stadium Rd. and Cherry St., the Waterfront Business Improvement Area (BIA) supports the continued growth of the waterfront as a premier destination that is well-connected to the rest of the City and is beautiful, clean and vibrant year-round. Activities of the BIA include representing the area on key policy and advocacy issues, making targeted public realm improvements, and highlighting the area’s vibrancy with activations and daily promotion online.
Job Responsibilities – Operations
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Clean Streets Team (spring / summer)
- Monitor and track damaged on-street assets as they are input into the BIA’s asset database
- Support in coordinating vendors for callout maintenance when required
- Support in the development of various higher-level damaged asset reports to city agencies
- Support in the development and distribution of pedestrian data reports to membership
- Other operations-related projects as assigned.
Job Responsibilities – Administration
- Handle inbound emails and general phone calls received by the BIA
- Tracking, coding, and preparing payments and invoices to support Bookkeeper.
- Support in development of Board meeting materials and minutes
- Support in scheduling meeting with WBIA stakeholders and third parties.
- Update and ongoing management of the member directory and database.
- Support social media & marketing team from time-to-time with content generation, social media monitoring and marketing admin.
We are looking for an individual who has an education or interest in government policy and urban planning who is able to work on a wide variety of projects with a close-knit, dynamic team. Ideally, they will possess the following attributes:
- A Degree or Diploma in a relevant field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating in a professional manner with stakeholders.
- Experience with operations involving City of Toronto and Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) is a significant asset.
- Experience producing Meeting Minutes and Materials.
- Experience in preparing invoices and payments for a Bookkeeper.
- Superior written and in-person communications skill required.
- Proficiency in software related to urban planning, GIS systems and graphic design are an asset.
- A high-level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required for the completion of key project coordination goals.
- Complementary interests and experience in city building, urban planning, business development, tourism and events management are an asset.
This is a one-year contract with a salary range between $40,000 – $45,000 per year with two weeks vacation, access to a bonus structure component and professional development opportunities.
Click HERE to download job description
How to Apply
To apply, a resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com no later than Thursday, February 4th, 2021 at 9:00am.